How to Prepare for Fumigation
Fumigation is a method of ridding pests off their hiding space. Pest and rodent are carriers of pathogenic micro-organisms such as bacteria and viruses, which could easily contaminate our cabinet surfaces and food.
Fumigating is harmful to humans, pets, and plants; therefore, it is important to take precautions to avoid potential health hazards.
Things to do before fumigating your home
- Stay away from your home during the process of the fumigation
- Remove all food, pets, and plants from the home
- To prevent post-exposure of fumes remove carpets, curtains, bedding, fabric furniture, and mattresses.
- Empty the icemakers so they do not get contaminated by the fume.
- After sealing and removing everything you need, open drawers, cupboards, and closet doors prior to fumigation.
- Turn off all AC units.